What is the Plant Adoption Program?
Through the Plant Adoption Program, the Daylily Society of Minnesota (DSM) purchases new cultivars for members to grow and test in their gardens. After two to three years, the daylilies will be dug for the DSM auction, and members will be able to keep some of the fans they received.
On their applications, each member is asked for suggestions for hybridizers and cultivars they think will do well in Minnesota. From those suggestions, the Plant Adoption Committee finalizes selections and places the order.
To participate in the Plant Adoption Program, you must
- Meet all requirements each year.
- Be a member of the Daylily Society of Minnesota for 2 years.
- Be current in club dues.
- Attend any 2 of our 9 annual events (February or November regular meetings; February or November Science Meetings; Spring Fling; Dig & Sale; Summer Tour; Off-Scape Daylily Show; or Banquet & Auction)
- Assist at one of the above 9 events or provide miscellaneous help, such as Plant Fairs, special club projects, serving on the Board or on committees, hosting garden tours, etc., or donating plants to the Plant Sale or Auction.
- Submit eligibility form on time (watch for deadline).
- Sign and be willing to follow the conract (copies available upon request).
All members in a household that qualify are eligible to adopt!
Questions about the Plant Adoption Program?
Contact Kris Henning: email Kris Henning